journeys

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Budapest, Hungary

Remember by the end of my stay in Koln, I was wishing to stay put at one place since I had traveled every weekend for six consecutive weeks. Well, I had my wish come true now with me staying in Budapest for all of one month which included a long weekend and I havent traveled out of the city. Now, I have the travel itch once again. Except, I come to find out that it is so hard to get cheap flights from here to any place. I am planning a trip to Rome in July, but other than that, I haven't found reasonable priced tickets to anywhere. I guess Germanwings has spoilt me while I was in Germany. It sucks too that I work with the largest automotive company here and they do not give us a company car. I need to find out more about the rail and bus systems here and probably make use of that.

Now life is almost routine here in Budapest. Weekdays between the comute to and from work and the work itself, the day is pretty much spent. I have gone to the gym a few times though after work. Weekends have been quite laid back as well. Last week was a long weekend and I spent that exploring more of Budapest and then just chillin in the city. I went with some friends to Margitziget, an island in the middle of the Danube and spent the hot afternoon at a park. Later cooled down with my new favorite place Pata Negra which has awsome Sangria's. Another day, I hiked to the Citadel and that place has spectacular view to Budapest. It was a little overcast so I did not get good pictures, still it was a nice outing. Actually, a couple of days back a friend took me to the Citadel at nighttime. The view then was simply amazing. That actually was the best moment as a tourist in Budapest. I did not have a camera and so did not take pictures - not that it would do it justice anyways. It was just being there and experiencing it that was so amazing.

Today, my friend will be coming for a visit for a week. (Yay!!! my first visitor). I think I have seen enough of the city to be a decent tour guide. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home