journeys

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Koln, Germany


Towards the end of my stay I realized how little time I have actually spent here in Koln, despite actually living here for a month. I had not yet visited the famous Dom inside or climbed the tower or walked by the Rhine or basically do anything touristy other than the 2 hr walking tour we had with Dietmar on our first week. So, I had to make up for lost time and take it all in, before I leave this city.

Now that my CDC German exam and the ZD (Zertifikat Deutsch Pruefung) is now over, I had Saturday - one day - to visit places I had missed seeing as yet and revisit some of the favorite spots. I woke up too late to take the Rhine cruise I had been thinking of doing. However I had mixed feelings about it. While I wanted to take the cruise real bad, it would involve atleast 8hrs or traveling time: First take the train to Koblenz, then the ship from Koblenz to St. Goar and the return trip. Not sure if I wanted to do all that just the day before I take my 12 hour ride to Budapest. So instead I stayed in town. Actually visited the inside of the Dom, climbed the south Tower there, walked by the Rhine, visited some of the areas of the Altstadt, Drank Kolsch Beer (Photo) - probably for the last time (Kolsch is only available in Koln). I guess now I can say, I have truly been a tourist here in Koln.

Tomorrow starts another journey: To a new country - Hungary, a new language - Hungarian, a new lifestyle - from student to a paid employee (I will begin an internship with GM on Wednesday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home