journeys

Monday, April 16, 2007

Ludwigsberg, Germany
March 26th 2007


Today, my class took an excursion to Ludwigsburg, a small town 15 min away from Stuttgart. On the agenda was to visit the Residential Palace and then the Märchen (fairytale) garden.

The Palace was built in 1733, and is the Swabian equivalent to Versailles with its Baroque architecture. It was the residence of the kings of Wuttemburg. The tour inside the castle was in German, and the tour guide spoke so fast that we could barely understand anything. I think after 10 minutes of listening to him, I stopped paying attention. The Palace itself was beautiful with most rooms decorated with the original furniture and upholstery.

My favorite part of the trip was the Märchen gardens. We only got to spend 15 min in the gardens, as the tour inside the Palace took a lot longer than we had anticipated. In anycase, we saw the Frog Prince’s seat (Photo), Rapunzel’s and some other cool stuff. I liked it now, but I would have totally loved it had I been younger when I read all those fairytales. It really was quite cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home