journeys

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bucharest again

Today was a relaxing day. I woke up late. I had already seen most of the sights in Bucharest, However today I planned to visit the Village museum. It is an outdoor museum which has old houses from Transylvania and other parts of the country displayed in a very realistic setting. I took a lot of pictures but unfortunately none of them turned out that great. I went to a park and saw an EU flag hoisted.. and realised that today is the first day that Romania is officially part of the EU. There are big celebrations planned for this event on the 31st, in combination to the New Year´s eve party. Yesterday, I bought my train ticket to go to Istanbul. I am leaving tomorrow, December 31st. I guess I will be having my celebration somewhere in Bulgaria with Champagne.. after all they join the EU as well today.

This evening, Adrian and Anand return to Bucharest. Jeff and I met them after dinner and went to an Egyptian Cafe. Adrian´s friends joined us there as well. Adrian chose that place as it is one of the few places in Bucharest that serves the Nargileh, and all three of us (Adrian, Anand and I) enjoy that. After the cafe, we went to a club aptly called Downtown. Adrian said that I have to experience Romanian nightlife. It was a lot of fun. We had a blast. In the photo above are Alina, Adrian, Anand, Me and Jeff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home