journeys

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I am back!!!! Not that I had really gone anyplace (at least not for too long) ... still work, friends and travel have kept me quite busy. I am still enjoying Budapest, I really enjoy working with my team - its a fun group. The last few weekends I have traveled a bit to the countryside of Hungary.

Eger, Hungary
June 8th - 9th 2007

Really pretty little town (Photo 1) in the wine country of Hungary; famous for the Egri Bikaver (bull's blood) wines; that one can easily visit as a day trip from Budapest. Still, it was nice to be able to spend a night there and enjoy some good food and wine.


Siofok & Tihany (Lake Balaton), Hungary
June 22nd - 24th 2007

Lake Balaton is dotted with small resort towns really popular with Hungarians (even Germans). I visited Siofok which is on the south side of the Lake. Supposedly a party town. I was expecting Myrtle beach type crowds (not that I would really know what that is considering that I have not been to Mrytle Beach as yet - nor have much of a desire to do so... Ok so I am a beach snob and I like the caribbean). In anycase, Siofok was a little town with a "Beach" which is a grassy lake shore area where one can swim/ boat in the Lake (Photo 2). From Siofok, I took a ferry to Tihany. I really loved Tihany - the views of the Lake from the hilly region was spectacular. It almost made me feel I was in the caribbean. It was really nice (Photo 3)


Prague, Czech Republic
June 28th - July 1st 2007


I had been wanting to travel to Prague for over 8 years and now that I finally got to do so I think I am in love... It really is awesome. Prague actually reminds me a lot of Budapest.. with the river in the middle of the city, the castle district, a famous bridge, the architecture in general. Yes, I know my pictures do not do it justice but the lighting was not good (it was overcast for the most part) or atleast thats the story I will stick to - I refuse to admit that I just dont know how to take good pictures :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey K5...I wasn't sure of your email address. C1 didn't have it so I thought I would drop you a line here. Sounds like you had an absolutely amazing year! I am so impressed with the program you're in, looks like an excellent match for your talent. Drop me a line sometime. Id love to here from you. All my best, WH

Prelawwes@aol.com

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home