journeys

Thursday, December 28, 2006

More Bucharest - Day 3

Went to Gara de Nord again this morning. Tried to find bus companies that offered trips to Istanbul. I visited 2 bus companies and they both had buses leaving on the 29th and then on the 3rd for Istanbul. The cost was 125 Leis. The schedule was not good as I wanted to leave Bucharest either on the 30th or the 31st, So Jeff and I decided to go by train. We bought our tickets for the 31st for Istanbul.

Then we searched for a restaurant called Don Taco, a Romanian Mexican restaurant which we read about in one of the city guides. I loved the food there. I had a tortilla soup which was the best soup I have eaten. Yummy! From the restaurant, we went to the House of Parliament. On the way we stopped at a park which had an ice skating rink. It looked like fun, but it was too cold for me to want to try it. The house of Parliament in Bucharest is supposedly the second largest administrative complex after the Pentagon. Unfortunately when we got there we learnt that it was closed until January 3rd. So we did not get to visit it. We walked again and reached the city center. Found a very neat coffee shop which overlooked the bustling street. Enjoyed a cup of coffee and relaxed a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home