journeys

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tango and Little Rock

I like to believe that things happen for a reason. My moving to Little Rock is one of them. My visit to Thunderbird school of management to interview for my MBA admissions was another thing. Though not really connected – One (my visit to Thunderbird) aroused my interest in Latin American dancing – Argentine Tango and Salsa. (there was a latin American night the evening of my visit hence I got to experience the dances and the music). I have been in search for lessons to be able to dance like the people I had seen at Thunderbird.

Over the last two years, I have taken some salsa and salsa rueda classes but had not come across Argentine Tango. Imagine my surprise when on my search for dance lessons in Little Rock I came across an advertisement for an Argentine Tango Milonga here in Little Rock. I called the number, spoke with Louie Bianco and then as they say, the rest is history. It has been less than four months since I spoke with Louie and went to his milonga. Since then, I took private lessons from him and completed his “fundamentals of tango” class and totally and completely fallen in love with this dance. Louie has been a fabulous teacher – he is so very passionate about this dance – it eventually rubs off on everyone he teaches.

Just to tell you’ll how passionately I feel about this dance – I have packed my bags and am scheduled to travel to Buenos Aires – the birthplace of tango – in two days, solo, just to learn more, dance to my hearts content and become a tanguera.

Incidentally, this will also be my first trip to South America. This promises to be quite an adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home